jueves, marzo 15, 2007

TAN CERCA, TAN LEJOS


La piscina de mis vecinos estos días es una provocación.

Canción del día: Ironic, de Alanis Morrisette. Ellos tienen que trabajar para pagarla y no la disfrutan y yo, que podría disfrutarla, tengo que contentarme con mirarla. Isn´t it ironic?

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I told you that you were to receive a mysterious Valentine's card (in Portuguese, of course) with a text more or less like that below:

"Dear Beautiful Girl,

each day I look up to that window at the top of the white building and I see you so charming, bright and intelligent reading so many books (not only legal but also so much of REAL literature - I see that with my binocular that, among other valuables, I inherited after my grandma, Maria Jose Beatriz, Countess da Lapa and lifetime lover of the last King of Portugal) and looking in the space in front of your house over Tejo and Alentejo…

So romantic that I, of course inheriting also some of my grandma unpredictable nature, fell in love from the first sight through my binocular!

A Menina Girissima,

I hope deeply in my heart that maybe one day you would like to meet me and take advantage of my nice swimming pool (I could tell you a lot of dramatic stories about it that you write in your famous blog, e.g. how my grandma drowned having been pushed into the pool by secret agents of the jealous Queen; of course, the King sponsored that swimming pool but refused to sponsor swimming lessons for her cause he was suspicious and did not want to loose her to an attractive swimming teacher; at that time, there was only one teacher in Lisbon having approval of Royal Family).
Anyway, I invite you to my house, garden and swimming pool; come whenever you wish!
And, please, do not pay attention to my wife; she is ugly and stupid; I married here only because it was a condition in my grandma’s will for me to inherit that nice plot of land (how clever, don’t you think?!); and I know that she has an affair with the gardener and “our” children are not mine…

Beijinhos e abrocoes,

Manuel Joao,
Yours truly very secretly Valentine
The swimming pool owner"

You haven’t receive that card cause Manuel Joao was too shy (or lazy) to write it in Portuguese but I know that cause he met me on the street and asked to tell you all of that;
I have just forgotten to do it earlier;-)

Anónimo dijo...

Uy, yo iba a poner algo, pero no sé si voy a dar la talla...

¡En serio que la foto es de la piscina al lado de tu casa?